Building Control Surveyors - London
jhai has immediate opportunities in our London regional office for full-time Building Control Surveyors.
You’ll be working on a wide range of exciting and interesting construction projects where you will be part of a local and national team with support from industry leading technical specialists and a dedicated administration team.
Key tasks will include:
- Maintain a portfolio of projects and clients whilst efficiently prioritising own workload.
- Foster sound working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Vet applicable documents and drawings to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, associated statutory legislation and guidance.
- Carry out site inspections, prepare site visit reports and witness tests.
- Ensure close communication with your regional manager & technical manager to ensure commercial and technical requirements of projects are met and immediately advising of difficulties or uncertainties.
- Consult with the fire authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary.
- Ensure DMS records are maintained to ensure the Company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
We’d like you to have the following:
- Previous building control experience.
- Corporate or Associate membership of RICS, CABE, CIOB or equivalent working towards completing professional qualification.
- Conversant with relevant legislation, technical guidance and the Construction Industry Council Code of Conduct.
- Current valid driving licence.
We value our team members and provide excellent remuneration depending on experience. Your career package will include a range of industry leading benefits, supported career progression and a balanced approach to your working life with the support of our national team.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nick Bowen for an informal chat on 07817 014 414